ACT adds another glorious feather to its cap with the Outstanding Teacher Education/Training College award at IESA 2020
11th April 2020
Asian College of Teachers has been awarded with the "Outstanding Teacher Education/Training College" at the prestigious International Education Summit & Awards (IESA) on 22nd February 2020 in Bangkok. This award was conferred on ACT for its significant contribution in the field of teacher training and acknowledging the hard work ACT has put in to prepare global educators and make teacher training accessible to every aspirant based in any corner of the globe.
The International Education Summit & Awards is an endeavour to recognize quality in education – both for institutions as well as individual persons. There were renowned speakers from various educational as well as non-educational fields, who guided the participants in getting an insight into what quality means in the contemporary world scenario and how it can be provided by outstanding institutions as well as by individual professionals. Renowned speakers of the event comprised of dignitaries belonging from a plethora of professional fields, including education. They were:
· Prof. Armoogum Parsuramen (Former Minister of Education, Arts & Culture of Mauritius)
· Dr. Kuldeep Agarwal (Former Director (Academic & Vocational), NIOS)
· Dr. Hayley Watson, USA (Clinical Psychologist)
· Mrs. Anita Devraj (Former Principal of DAV School)
· Prof. M.K. Das (Former Head & Dean, Dept. of Education, Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi)
· Prof. Dr. Mohan Menon (Prof. Mohan Menon is an M.Sc. (Life Sciences), M.Ed. and Ph.D. in Education)
· Mr. Matthew Merritt (Mr. Matthew Merritt is the secondary school principal at KPIS International School)
· Dr. Sanjib Neil Chakraborty (Dr. Sanjib holds a Ph.D. in Management Science from the University of Hertfordshire)
The event organised by INCEED (International Centre for Excellence in Education) and SPACE (Society for Perpetuation of Art, Culture & Education) witnessed an international conference on the theme: “Quality in Education in Contemporary World Scenario – The Way Forward”, followed by the award ceremony, where prestigious awards and recognitions were bestowed on the most deserving Institutions/Organizations. More than 250 participants from 50+ came together and attended the summit and the award ceremony happened to be one of the largest platforms for exchange of ideas and to get enlightened on the current scenario and future of World Education.
The hard work put in by ACT has been acknowledged and praised on an international platform like IESA, attended by several successful and accomplished professionals from all over the globe. Such awards and recognition help to boost our morale and keep us motivated to provide innovative education solutions and provide the best services to all our students now and always.